Monday, August 5, 2013

Purging: Prints and Unflattering Shapes

This is part of the purging I've been doing lately. Been sick the past couple weeks, and been getting rid of clothes. These are some things I was able to take photos of before getting rid of them.


Making space in closet. For about 2 years or so, I've barely had anything in my closet, and now, I actually need to make some space, and really consider the direction my concept is going. Yeah. I think it started with a dark knight in armour-- only bought black and shinies for a while, wanted a tall dark brooding fortress to match. Hah. Then it veered towards more flowy girly sheer things... then comfortable and decent day wear for work. Still unsure, but for the most part, I think the garments in my wardrobe are cohesive. But here are some things I'm purging, and why. Not terribly interesting, but part of my process.


1. white grommet sundress - NOT ENOUGH DRAPE, unsatisfied with the shape
2. Charley 5.0 tie dye jeggings - it seemed like the perfect blending of my love for tie dye and skinnies, but doesn't quite do it
3. self paillette asymmetrical hem dress - COFFIN dress (detail in front only), UNFLATTERING SHAPE
4. buttondown shirtdress - CHEAP FABRIC, vivid blue COLOR
5. Forever 21 Twelve by Twelve floral print dress - vivid color PRINT, BUBBLE skirt
6. Marc Jacobs metallic twist detail top - *actually* still unsure about this one :S
7. Fire hi-low skirt - crazy overwhelming PRINT
8. Calvin Klein silk & cotton dress - UNFLATTERING 20s style SHAPE
9. silk top - blah PRINT
10. sequin t-shirt dress - does not fit my lifestyle anymore
11. long sleeve black top - UNFLATTERING SHAPE

So there. In caps are some reasons for why I would let clothes go willingly. Keep in mind, I am a hoarder. Yeah.

Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

No comments:

Post a Comment