Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY: Bleached & Faded Free People Top

photo taken from here.

I found a cute Free People top... but it fits more like a short dress on me. I really liked the drape, but I couldn't stand the hot pink on it. Considered dyeing it, but looking at the fabric content, it was 60% cotton 40% rayon, I was unsure how that was going to take. Likely dull, with the colors mixing and muddy, stripes still obvious. So I thought back of the direction A&F gave their team one year, one semester, one project. Think sun bleached, wind softened fabrics. Looks and feels like you had been out and it's comfortable and natural wear. Yeah. So I bleached the thing the same night. :p It's not really anything elaborate or time consuming, just something easy and fun to do~

top/dress: Free People

Game of Thrones - Season 3, Episode 10

No comments:

Post a Comment