Sunday, June 2, 2013

DIY: Shredded Tee


Deconstructed things really attract me. There's something about the way clothing that looks like it's unravelling and falling apart that feels like soft and delicate poetry in motion. Yeah. I just said that. Don't judge me.

Here is my inspiration: Kate Lanphear, one of my style icons, wearing a Raquel Allegra shirt. One of my best friends, Grace, likes to go to Raquel Allegra's sample sales and that's how I remembered this photo, and immediately wanted to do this post. I just really like shredding things.


You only need a knit shirt or dress for this, and a seam ripper. It's incredibly easy, but utterly time consuming. Better do this type of thing while watching movies or a tv show marathon.



 Undo the stitches at the hem with the seam ripper, and start pulling at the threads, Be very gentle, it's easy to tear holes. Also, keep in mind to handwash the end result very carefully.


 Homeland - Season 1, Episode 1

No comments:

Post a Comment